★ One HONMAMON Star (link)
- Made in Japan! Handle : Japanese Style made of Cherry Tree!
- Edge of Blade : Aogami Steel No.2 !
- With Kuro Hammered pattern.
- It is used to cut fish fillets. Kansai region style. Good for making sashimi.
- Single Bevel : For Right Hander Handmade by Japanese Craftsmen!
- Lovers of Japanese Handmade Items to Gather! By hammering the materials, the craftsman changes its features! Come and get to see the miracles Japanese Craftsmen make! It could have some small scratches, flaws or bent, but they are the proof of handmade! The product seems rougher than machine made ones, but the quality is great, which you cannot feel with machine made one!
Japanese knives became much thinner as it has evolved to become sharper. However, it is much harder and more durable than many of the kitchen knives in the market as it uses high-carbon material. The key to making a thin yet strong blade is the technique of forging hard steel and soft iron together, which was developed through Japanese katana making. By combining the hard steel with more resilient and softer iron, the knife can better withstand the impact. That is why our kitchen knife is thin and sharp yet unbreakable and unbendable at the same time. It is also easy to sharpen.
As our kitchen knife is very sharp, we recommend that you use a chopping board made of unfinished soft wood. Wash, wipe, and let it dry after use to keep it clean and hygienic.
By sharpening regularly, the product lasts for a long time. Contact us for the maintenance or if you need any assistance.
Blade Length : about 210mm(8.3inch), Length : about 340mm(13.4inch), Weight : about 141g(5oz)
Item no. 1117707
Blade Length : about 240mm(9.4inch), Length : about 375mm(14.8inch), Weight : about 175g(6.2oz)
Item no. 1117708
Blade Length : about 270mm(10.6inch), Length : about 410mm(16.1inch), Weight : about 213g(7.5oz)
Item no. 1117709