- Blade Edge : Aogami Steel No.2 and Soft Iron. Beautiful "Kasumi Pattern" (Like Mist)" , Hardness :around HRC61 +/- 1
- Handle : Japan Style with Ferrule Made of Water Buffalo Horn, Octagonal pattern
- Blade Length 270mm(10.6inch), Size:Total Length 410mm(16inch), Weight 200g(7.1oz)
- Made in Japan! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen!
- You can slice fish very beautifully! Good for making Sashimi!
- It is used to cut fish fillets. Kansai region style.
Japanese knives became much thinner as it has evolved to become sharper. However, it is much harder and more durable than many of the kitchen knives in the market as it uses high-carbon material. The key to making a thin yet strong blade is the technique of forging hard steel and soft iron together, which was developed through Japanese katana making. By combining the hard steel with more resilient and softer iron, the knife can better withstand the impact. That is why our kitchen knife is thin and sharp yet unbreakable and unbendable at the same time. It is also easy to sharpen.
As our kitchen knife is very sharp, we recommend that you use a chopping board made of unfinished soft wood. Wash, wipe, and let it dry after use to keep it clean and hygienic.
By sharpening regularly, the product lasts for a long time. Contact us for the maintenance or if you need any assistance.
Size :Total Length 340mm(13.4inch), Blade Length 210mm(8.3inch), Weight 120g(4.2oz)
Item no. 4582243654739
Size:Total Length 380mm(15inch), Blade Length 240mm(9.4inch), Weight 155g(5.5oz)
Item no. 4582243654746
Blade Length 270mm(10.6inch), Size:Total Length 410mm(16inch), Weight 200g(7.1oz)
Item no. 4582243654753