- Blade Length : about 170mm(6.7inch), Whole Length : about 310mm(12.2inch), Weight : about 135mm(4.8oz), Blade Width (Near Handle) : 48mm(1.9inch)
- Made in Japan ! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen.
- Kurouchi has rough appearance, but you can feel the spirits of Tosa Craftsmen.
- Double Bevel and Available for both Right Hander and Left Hander.
- Blade Material : Aogami Super and cut so well ! Hardness : around HRC64 +/- 1 As it is extremely hard, we recommend it for professionals.
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Blade Material : Aogami Super and cut so well ! Hardness : around HRC64 +/- 1 As it is extremely hard, we recommend it for professionals.