- Japanese Yanagiba Sashimi Knife for prepare Sashimi, Slice Raw Fish and Seafood.
- Made in Japan! (Tosa)
- Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen by Japanese Traditional Techniques!
- Edge of Blade : Aogami Steel No.1, Hardness :around HRC61 +/- 1
- Double Bevel and Available for Both Right Hander and Left Hander.
- Kurouchi! Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- It is used to cut fish fillets. Kansai region style.
Japanese knives became much thinner as it has evolved to become sharper. However, it is much harder and more durable than many of the kitchen knives in the market as it uses high-carbon material. The key to making a thin yet strong blade is the technique of forging hard steel and soft iron together, which was developed through Japanese katana making. By combining the hard steel with more resilient and softer iron, the knife can better withstand the impact. That is why our kitchen knife is thin and sharp yet unbreakable and unbendable at the same time. It is also easy to sharpen.
As our kitchen knife is very sharp, we recommend that you use a chopping board made of unfinished soft wood. Wash, wipe, and let it dry after use to keep it clean and hygienic.
By sharpening regularly, the product lasts for a long time. Contact us for the maintenance or if you need any assistance.
Blade Length : 210mm(8.3inch), Whole Length : 345mm(13.6inch), Weight : about 120g(4.2oz)
Blade Length : about 240mm(9.4inch), Whole Length : about 385mm(15.2inch), Weight : about 150g(5.3oz)