HONMAMON "MOTOKANE" Nakiri Kurouchi (Vegetable Knife) Aogami Steel No.1, 165mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars
- Made in Japan! (Tosa = Where John Mung was born.)
- Blade Length : about 165mm(6.5inch), Whole Length : about 313mm(12.3inch), Weight : about 163g(5.8oz)
- Edge of Blade : The famous Aogami Steel No.1!
- For Cutting Vegetables! Double Bevel : For both Right Hander and Left Hander
- Tosa Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel the warmth and high spirits of Tosa Craftsmen!
- Very Sharp and Cut Well! Double Bevel!
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Item no. 4582243650533