Fillet Knife (Sujihiki) Meat Slice Knife VG10 Damascus Pattern, 270 mm
- Blade Length 270 mm(10.6inch), Whole Length about 385 mm(15.2inch), Weight is about 166g(5.9oz)
- Blade Material V-Gold10 Stainless Stainless Strong against Rust
- Made in Japan
- Blade 16 layer both in the forging 32 layer laminated material It is Damascus.
It is a knife that uses a highly recommended steel material for cutting blades for home use that boasts the highest sharpness. VG-10, which is rust-resistant and has a sharp blade, that lasts for a long time, is the most popular among stainless steel knives.
What's VG-10 steel?
VG-10 is a stainless-steel material developed by Takefu Special Steel Co., Ltd. It is called the highest peak among high-grade stainless steels, and has an excellent balance of hardness and stickiness. It is a recommended steel material not only for professionals but also for home knives.
In general, stainless steel tends to be seen as inferior in sharpness compared to steel. VG-10 contains a large amount of carbon and has a sharpness that is not inferior to steel due to proper forging and heat treating.
Added in chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, cobalt, etc. By adding various alloys, it becomes a blade steel that has stickiness even in hardness and excellent wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- High carbon makes it a material with high hardness and excellent sharpness.
- Added in chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, with stickiness even in hardness and wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- It is also resistant to rust, so it is easy to maintains.
- Expensive than general stainless-steel knife.
- For the sharpening need use hard whetstone, because VG-10 is hard steel.
Item no. 4582243650243
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.