"KIYOKANE" Gyuto Kurouchi (Chef's Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 210mm~240mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free forging from Tosa Japan.
- Edge of Blade: Aogami Super Steel which contains High-Carbon. Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1, Cut Well
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander. Wooden Handle.
- Made in Japan! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen!
- Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- Use: Cutting Meat, Vegetables, Fish. As Aogami Super hardness is extremely high, it is hard to grind, and we recommend the knife for just those who know well about Japanese kitchen knives and sharpening.
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
- Aogami Steel easily gets rust and requires good maintenance.
Hammering steel to give it shape and strength.
TOSA traditional skill “Free Forging”TOSA cutlery started from 1621, over 400 years ago. Forge to finished need many steps, all steps just made from one blacksmith. Easy to control every part and keep it free style to forging, because that’s made by same craftsman. So, that’s why call this skill to “Free Forging”.
With the sound of a violent blow sparks, the way thick steel is transformed into a kitchen knife in the blink of an eye is truly craftsmanship. By hitting it many times with a hammer and stretching it, impurities come out, by making the structure “dense”, it becomes a knife with high hardness and stickiness.
You can see the marks of the hammer that was struck up with a hammer, it has the characteristic of being handmade by craftsmen and resistant to rust compared to polished finishing.
Because free forging, can be easy to innovation.
The knife is consistently performed by a single craftsman, without being bound by the framework of the process, so can continue to improve and evolve.
This knife isn’t mass production.We are focus on the knife quality than productivity. You can feel the soul of craftsman. We recommend you use that for gift.
SIZE: Blade Length about 210mm(8.3inch), Total Length 370mm(14.6inch), Thickness of the spine around 3mm(0.12inch), Weight about 180g(6.3oz)
Item no. 4573200701535
SIZE: Blade Length about 240mm(9.4inch), Total Length 400mm(15.7inch), Thickness of the spine around 4mm(0.16inch), Weight about 205g(7.2oz)
Item no. 4573200701511
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.