HONMAMON "MOTOKANE" Nakiri Kurouchi (Vegetable Knife) Aogami Steel No.1, 165mm
- Made in Japan! (Tosa = Where John Mung was born.)
- Blade Length : about 165mm(6.5inch), Whole Length : about 313mm(12.3inch), Weight : about 163g(5.8oz)
- Edge of Blade : The famous Aogami Steel No.1!
- For Cutting Vegetables! Double Bevel : For both Right Hander and Left Hander
- Tosa Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel the warmth and high spirits of Tosa Craftsmen!
- Very Sharp and Cut Well! Double Bevel!
TOSA traditional skill “Free Forging”TOSA cutlery started from 1621, over 400 years ago. Forge to finished need many steps, all steps just made from one blacksmith. Easy to control every part and keep it free style to forging, because that’s made by same craftsman. So, that’s why call this skill to “Free Forging”.
With the sound of a violent blow sparks, the way thick steel is transformed into a kitchen knife in the blink of an eye is truly craftsmanship. By hitting it many times with a hammer and stretching it, impurities come out, by making the structure “dense”, it becomes a knife with high hardness and stickiness.
You can see the marks of the hammer that was struck up with a hammer, it has the characteristic of being handmade by craftsmen and resistant to rust compared to polished finishing.
Because free forging, can be easy to innovation.
The knife is consistently performed by a single craftsman, without being bound by the framework of the process, so can continue to improve and evolve.
This knife isn’t mass production.We are focus on the knife quality than productivity. You can feel the soul of craftsman. We recommend you use that for gift.
Item no. 4582243650533
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.