"HONMAMON" Kiritsuke Gyuto (Chef’s Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 210mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- Made by Japanese forging skill
- Very carefully to make every step of knife
- Blade Length: 210mm(8.3inch), Whole Length: 365mm(12.9inch), Weight: about 157g(5.54oz)
- Double Bevel and available for both right and left Hander
- Blade Material: Aogami Super Steel, Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1. Both side Soft Stainless Steel
- White Oak handle
- Made in Japan
- Recommendable just for those who know about sharpening knives.
Kiritsuke Gyuto is Chef’s Knife.
Inspired by the profile of a traditional European chef knife, Gyutos are a multipurpose knife with a slight meat cutting bias. “Gyuto” translates to “cow sword.” If you want one knife to do it all, this is it. Starting at 180mm, Gyutos can reach the ridiculously long (and awesome) 370mm. For the at-home or professional cook as well.
Only cut food you can bite through with this knife. Hard foods can chip the blade. No olive pits, bones, lobster shells, woody stems or parmesan rinds. Cutting frozen food is especially bad because the cold will make hard steel even more brittle. If you wouldn’t chew it with your own teeth, don’t cut it.
After use, wash the knife by hand with regular dish soap, rinse with hot water and dry by hand immediately.
Dishwashers are very bad for knives.
What is AOGAMI SUPER?
Hitachi Co., around 1.4% carbon, aogami base + 0.4% molybdenum, 0.4% vanadium, HRC around 61-65.
This high-quality steel is even harder and stronger when it is treated well. Able to take very sharp, resistant edges, it cuts beautifully.
Item no. 4573200715129
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.