Gyuto (Chef's Knife) VG10 Damascus, 150mm~210mm with Walnut Handle
- Made in Japan! Handmade
- The primary steel used for this knife called “V-Gold10”. Hardness : HRC60(+/-1)、Cut well! Sharpness lasts long.
- Handle Material: Octagonal Walnut.>
- Beautiful Damascus Pattern! Double Bevel. Available for both Right Hander and Left Hander.
It is a knife that uses a highly recommended steel material for cutting blades for home use that boasts the highest sharpness. VG-10, which is rust-resistant and has a sharp blade, that lasts for a long time, is the most popular among stainless steel knives.
What's VG-10 steel?
VG-10 is a stainless-steel material developed by Takefu Special Steel Co., Ltd. It is called the highest peak among high-grade stainless steels, and has an excellent balance of hardness and stickiness. It is a recommended steel material not only for professionals but also for home knives.
In general, stainless steel tends to be seen as inferior in sharpness compared to steel. VG-10 contains a large amount of carbon and has a sharpness that is not inferior to steel due to proper forging and heat treating.
Added in chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, cobalt, etc. By adding various alloys, it becomes a blade steel that has stickiness even in hardness and excellent wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- High carbon makes it a material with high hardness and excellent sharpness.
- Added in chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, with stickiness even in hardness and wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- It is also resistant to rust, so it is easy to maintains.
- Expensive than general stainless-steel knife.
- For the sharpening need use hard whetstone, because VG-10 is hard steel.
〈150mm〉 (Petty, Paring Knife)
Blade Length : about 150mm(5.9inch), Length : about 280mm(11inch), Weight : about 74g
Item no. 4573200705670
Blade length 180mm, Total Length 330mm, Weight 122g.
Item no. 4573200705694
Blade length 210mm, Total Length 340mm, Weight 150g.
Item no. 4573200705663
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.