"HONMAMON" Sashimi Knife Aogami Steel No.2 Damascus with Kurumi Handle
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional style. Aogami No 2 Steel is a superlative steel for professional knives.
- So, it cuts well, and its sharpness lasts longer. However, it gets rust easily, so it needs maintenance.
- Beautiful Lamination Layer Pattern. The pattern appears by forging lamination layer.
- Blade Edge Material: (Core)Aogami Steel No2 + (Side) Soft tesel , Edge Hardness: around HRC61 +/- 1.
- It isn't fine edge when we ship this item. So please sharpen edge as you like.
- Double Bevel and Available for both Right Hander and Left Hander.
- Handle Material: Kurumi
- Good for Slicing sashimi, making sashimi, slicing meat.
- It is used to cut fish fillets. Kansai region style.
The picture shows knife of 270mm.
Japanese knives became much thinner as it has evolved to become sharper. However, it is much harder and more durable than many of the kitchen knives in the market as it uses high-carbon material. The key to making a thin yet strong blade is the technique of forging hard steel and soft iron together, which was developed through Japanese katana making. By combining the hard steel with more resilient and softer iron, the knife can better withstand the impact. That is why our kitchen knife is thin and sharp yet unbreakable and unbendable at the same time. It is also easy to sharpen.
As our kitchen knife is very sharp, we recommend that you use a chopping board made of unfinished soft wood. Wash, wipe, and let it dry after use to keep it clean and hygienic.
By sharpening regularly, the product lasts for a long time. Contact us for the maintenance or if you need any assistance.
Blade Length: 270mm(10.6inch), Whole Length: 420mm(16.5inch), Weight: about 160g(5.6oz)
Item no. 4573200702402
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.