"HONMAMON" Bunka (Multi Purpose Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 170mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- Blade Length : 170mm(6.7inch), Whole Length : 310mm(12.2inch), Weight : about 133g(4.7oz)
- The knife of blade Height is 42mm(1.66inch) handle side, and 33mm(1.3inch) blade edge side.
- Double Bevel and available for both right and left Hander.
- Blade Material: Aogami Super Steel, Hardness : around HRC64 +/- 1. Both side Soft Stainless Steel
- Zelkova serrata handle
- Made in Japan
- Recommendable just for those who know about sharpening knives.
Bunka is Multi Purpose Knife.
The Bunka looks like a bonafide badass. It is a multi purpose knife akin to the Santoku. “Bunka” translates to “culture.” A cross between the Nakiri and Gyuto, Bunkas can do it all.
Only cut food you can bite through with this knife. Hard foods can chip the blade. No olive pits, bones, lobster shells, woody stems or parmesan rinds. Cutting frozen food is especially bad because the cold will make hard steel even more brittle. If you wouldn’t chew it with your own teeth, don’t cut it.
After use, wash the knife by hand with regular dish soap, rinse with hot water and dry by hand immediately.
Dishwashers are very bad for knives.
What is AOGAMI SUPER?
Hitachi Co., around 1.4% carbon, aogami base + 0.4% molybdenum, 0.4% vanadium, HRC around 61-65.
This high quality steel is even harder and stronger when it is treated well. Able to take very sharp, resistant edges, it cuts beautifully.
Item no. 4573200715105
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.