"KIYOKANE" Petty Kurouchi (Utility Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 150mm
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free forging from Tosa Japan.
- Blade Length: about 150mm(5.9inch), Whole Length: about 280mm(11inch), Thickness of the spine around 2mm(0.08inch), Weight: about 73g(2.6oz)
- Blade Edge: Blade: Soft Iron interrupts Aogami Super, total 3-layer material. Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1,
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Double Bevel, Available for both Right and Left Hander.
- Made in Japan!
- This followed by long sharp cutting-edge features. Hardness too high so sharpened is difficult.
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
Hammering steel to give it shape and strength.
TOSA traditional skill “Free Forging”TOSA cutlery started from 1621, over 400 years ago. Forge to finished need many steps, all steps just made from one blacksmith. Easy to control every part and keep it free style to forging, because that’s made by same craftsman. So, that’s why call this skill to “Free Forging”.
With the sound of a violent blow sparks, the way thick steel is transformed into a kitchen knife in the blink of an eye is truly craftsmanship. By hitting it many times with a hammer and stretching it, impurities come out, by making the structure “dense”, it becomes a knife with high hardness and stickiness.
You can see the marks of the hammer that was struck up with a hammer, it has the characteristic of being handmade by craftsmen and resistant to rust compared to polished finishing.
Because free forging, can be easy to innovation.
The knife is consistently performed by a single craftsman, without being bound by the framework of the process, so can continue to improve and evolve.
This knife isn’t mass production.We are focus on the knife quality than productivity. You can feel the soul of craftsman. We recommend you use that for gift.