HONMAMON "MOTOKANE" Santoku Kurouchi (Multi-Purpose Knife)Aogami Super, 170mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars
- Blade Length: about 170mm(6.7inch), Whole Length: about 309mm(12.2inch), Weight: about 141g(5oz), Blade Width (Near Handle): 48mm(1.9inch)
- Made in Japan! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen.
- Kurouchi has rough appearance, but you can feel the spirits of Tosa Craftsmen.
- Double Bevel and Available for both Right Hander and Left Hander.
- Blade Material: Aogami Super and cut so well! Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1 As it is extremely hard, we recommend it for professionals.
TOSA traditional skill “Free Forging”TOSA cutlery started from 1621, over 400 years ago. Forge to finished need many steps, all steps just made from one blacksmith. Easy to control every part and keep it free style to forging, because that’s made by same craftsman. So, that’s why call this skill to “Free Forging”.
With the sound of a violent blow sparks, the way thick steel is transformed into a kitchen knife in the blink of an eye is truly craftsmanship. By hitting it many times with a hammer and stretching it, impurities come out, by making the structure “dense”, it becomes a knife with high hardness and stickiness.
You can see the marks of the hammer that was struck up with a hammer, it has the characteristic of being handmade by craftsmen and resistant to rust compared to polished finishing.
Because free forging, can be easy to innovation.
The knife is consistently performed by a single craftsman, without being bound by the framework of the process, so can continue to improve and evolve.
This knife isn’t mass production.We are focus on the knife quality than productivity. You can feel the soul of craftsman. We recommend you use that for gift.
Item no. 4582243655927
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.