"TAKUMI KIYOKANE" Santoku (Multi-Purpose Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 165mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free Forging from Tosa Japan.
- Aogami Super Steel is the best steel of Japan for professional knives.
- However, it gets rust easily, so it needs maintenance.
- Edge of Blade: Aogami Super Steel (Blue Super). It contains high-Carbon. Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1.
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge and a long lasting.
- Cladding: Stainless Kurouchi.
- Handle: rosewood Octagonal.
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander.
- Made in Japan!
- Handmade by Tosa, Echizen and Bansyu Craftsmen!
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use hard sharpening stone to maintain it.
Japanese kitchen knives have become a sensation in the culinary world for their sharpness and versatility. In this knife series, knife blade made from Tosa; knife handle made from Echizen Fukui; produced the knife in Bansyu Hyogo. Tosa and Echizen is the most famous kitchen knife making regions in Japan. Also, Bansyu is the most famous cutlery making regions in Japan.
Cleanly combined the top level of traditional Japanese blacksmithing techniques in TAKUMI KIYOKANE series.
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes varying widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course, you need to sharpen the edge every time after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Blade Length about 165mm (6.5inch), Total Length 305mm (12inch), Thickness of the spine about 2.5mm (0.1inch), Handle Length 126mm (5inch), Weight about 140g (4.9oz)
Item no. 1118188Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.