"KIYOKANE SAKU" Gyuto Kurouchi (Chef's Knife) Aogami 1 Steel, New type 210mm~240mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free Forging from Tosa Japan.
- Aogami No.1 Steel is a superlative steel for professional knives.
- However, it gets rust easily, so it needs maintenance.
- Edge of Blade: Aogami Steel No.1. It contains high-Carbon. Hardness: around HRC62 +/- 1.
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander
- Made in Japan!
- Handmade by Tosa, Echizen and Bansyu Craftsmen!
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
Japanese kitchen knives have become a sensation in the culinary world for their sharpness and versatility. In this knife series, knife blade made from Tosa; knife handle made from Echizen Fukui; produced the knife in Bansyu Hyogo. Tosa and Echizen is the most famous kitchen knife making regions in Japan. Also, Bansyu is the most famous cutlery making regions in Japan.
Cleanly combined traditional Japanese blacksmithing techniques in KIYOKANE SAKU series.
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes varying widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course, you need to sharpen the edge every time after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Blade Length about 210mm (8.3inch), Blade Height about 42mm (1.65inch), Total Length 365mm (14.4inch), Thickness of the spine about 2.5mm (0.1inch), Handle Length 140mm (5.5inch), Weight about 172g (6.1oz)
Item no. 1118186
Blade Length about 240mm (9.4inch), Blade Height about 46mm (1.8inch), Total Length 395mm (15.6inch), Thickness of the spine about 3mm (0.1inch), Handle Length 140mm (5.5inch), Weight about 241g (8.5oz)
Item no. 1118187
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.