"KIYOKANE" Petty Kurouchi (Utility Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 150mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free forging from Tosa Japan.
- Blade Length: about 150mm(5.9inch), Whole Length: about 280mm(11inch), Thickness of the spine around 2mm(0.08inch), Weight: about 73g(2.6oz)
- Blade Edge: Blade: Soft Iron interrupts Aogami Super, total 3-layer material. Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1,
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Double Bevel, Available for both Right and Left Hander.
- Made in Japan!
- This followed by long sharp cutting-edge features. Hardness too high so sharpened is difficult.
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
Hammering steel to give it shape and strength.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes varying widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course, you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Item no. 4573200702495
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.