"KIYOKANE" Petty Kurouchi (Utility Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 150mm
★★ Two HONMAMON Stars (link)
- Blade Length : about 150mm(5.9inch), Whole Length : about 280mm(11inch), Thickness of the spine around 2mm(0.08inch) , Weight : about 73g(2.6oz)
- Blade Edge : Blade: Soft Iron interrupts Aogami Super 3-layer material. Hardness : around HRC64 +/- 1,
- Double Bevel, Available for both Right and Left Hander.
- Made in Japan!
- This followed by long sharp cutting edge features. Hardness too high so sharpened is difficult .
- If you feel the knife are not sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
That famous "Aogami Super" is put in soft iron and makes 3-layors.
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Item no. 4573200702495
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.