"SHIGEKI TANAKA" Santoku (Multi-Purpose Knife) VG10 Laminated, 150mm
- Craftsman : Shigeki Tanaka
- Hardness HRC60-61
- Made in Japan !
- Handmade !
- Whole Length : about 275 mm
- Blade Length : about 150mm, Weight: 122g
- Double Bevel : Available for both Right and Left Hander
- Blade Edge Material : VG10 Cuts well
It is a knife that uses a highly recommended steel material for cutting blades for home use that boasts the highest sharpness. VG-10, which is rust-resistant and has a sharp blade, that lasts for a long time, is the most popular among stainless steel knives.
What's VG-10 steel?
VG-10 is a stainless-steel material developed by Takefu Special Steel Co., Ltd. It is called the highest peak among high-grade stainless steels, and has an excellent balance of hardness and stickiness. It is a recommended steel material not only for professionals but also for home knives.
In general, stainless steel tends to be seen as inferior in sharpness compared to steel. VG-10 contains a large amount of carbon and has a sharpness that is not inferior to steel due to proper forging and heat treating.
Added in chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, cobalt, etc. By adding various alloys, it becomes a blade steel that has stickiness even in hardness and excellent wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- High carbon makes it a material with high hardness and excellent sharpness.
- Added in chromium, molybdenum, vanadium, with stickiness even in hardness and wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- It is also resistant to rust, so it is easy to maintains.
- Expensive than general stainless-steel knife.
- For the sharpening need use hard whetstone, because VG-10 is hard steel.
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.