"KIYOKANE" Gyuto Kurouchi (Chef's Knife) Aogami Super Steel with Wooden Case, 210mm~240mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Edge of Blade: Aogami Super Steel which contains High-Carbon. Hardness : around HRC64 +/- 1, Cut Well
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander. Wooden Handle.
- Made in Japan! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen!
- Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Use: Cutting Meat, Vegetables, Fish. As Aogami Super hardness is extremely high, it is hard to grind, and we recommend the knife for just those who know well about Japanese kitchen knives and sharpening.
- Including Wooden Case
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course, you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Blade Length about 210mm(8.3inch), Total Length 370mm(14.6inch), Thickness of the spine around 3mm(0.12inch), Weight about 180g(6.3oz)
Item no. 1117762
Blade Length about 240mm(9.4inch), Total Length 400mm(15.7inch), Thickness of the spine around 4mm(0.16inch), Weight about 205g(7.2oz)
Item no. 1117763
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.