HONMAMON "AZUMASYUSAKU" Branch Lopping Ax, Edge of Blade: "Aogami Steel"! Blade Length 130mm (abt 5.1")
- Blade Length:130mm(5.1inch), Total Length:355mm(14inch), Weight:650g(22.9oz)
- Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen by Japanese Traditional Techniques!
- Edge of Blade: That famous Aogami Steel #2
- Cut Well! Appearance is Rough, but you can feel the warmth and strong spirits of Craftsmen!
- Good for Forestry, Made in Japan! (Tosa= Center of Hatchets Production in Japan.)
The steel color sometimes with a little bit have been changed.
This color is the residue when it is cooled by immersion in water during heat treatment.
The lead is melted, the temperature is raised to 800 degrees, and the ax is placed in it.
If put the ax directly, the lead will remain on the surface of the ax, so apply the mud to the ax first. Mud mixtures will vary from blacksmith to blacksmith. This color is the peeling part of the soil. This is what happens normally.
If use oil quenching that will showing beautiful color, but water quenching sometimes becomes like this due to mud preparation.
Water quenching is the top skill in Japan, that can give steel become too harder than oil quenching. I hope you can understand the forging process.
Item no. 4580149743229
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.