★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars
- Blade Length : 135mm(5.3inch), Total Length : 265mm(10.4inch), Weight:122g(4.3oz)
- Aaogami Steel No.1 and Cut So Well! Hardness :around HRC61 +/- 1
- Double Bevel and Available for Both Right Hander and Left Hander
- Made in Tosa, Japan! Walnut Japan Style Handle
- Kurouchi : Rough Appearance in Black!
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Item no. 4582243655934
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.