- Made in Japan! (Tosa), Blade Edge : Aogami No.1, Hardness : about HRC62 +/- 1
- Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel the Tosa Craftsmenship!
- Funayuki Hocho = All Purpose kitchen knife (But not good for frozen food), Handle : Kurumi Wood
- Double Bevel : Available for both Right Hander and Left Hander
- Blade Length : 150mm(5.9inch), Whole Length : 280mm(11.0inch), Weight : about 115g(4.1oz)
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
HONMAMON "MOTOKANE" Funayuki Hocho (For All Purpose Kitchen Knife) 150mm (abt 5.9"), Kurouchi, Double Bevel