- SIZE: Blade Length 165mm(6.5inch), Length 305mm(12.0inch), Weight 131g(4.6oz)
- Edge of Blade : Aogami No2 Steel (Blue Paper Steel) which contains High-Carbon. Hardness :around HRC61 +/- 1., Cut Well!
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander
- Handle Material : Cherry Tree
- Made in Japan! Tosa) Handmade by Tosa Craftsment! Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional style. Aogami No2 steel is a superlative steel for professional knives. so it is extremely sharp and sharpness last longer. However,it gets rust easily so it needs maintenance .