"KIYOKANE" Nakiri Kurouchi (Vegetable Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 165mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free forging from Tosa Japan.
- SIZE: Blade Length 165mm(6.5inch), Length 315mm(12.4inch), Thickness of spine around 3mm(0.12inch), Weight 195g(6.9oz)
- Edge of Blade: Aogami Super Steel which contains High-Carbon. Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1, Cut Well!
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander, Use: Vegetables cutting
- Made in Japan! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen!
- Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- Hard to grind. Recommendable just for those who know about sharpening knives.
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
- Aogami Steel easily gets rust and requires good maintenance.
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
Hammering steel to give it shape and strength.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes varying widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course, you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Item no. 4573200700590
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.