HONMAMON "AZUMASYUSAKU" Hunting Knife 150mm(abt 5.9") 'Kurouchi', Blade Edge : Aogami Steel, Double Bevel
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Azumasyusaku is our original brand.
- Whole Length: 315mm(12.4inch), Blade Length: 150mm(5.9inch) Weight: 230g(8.1oz), Weight with Sheath: 330g(11.6oz)
- Made in Japan. Blacksmith made.
- Blade Edge Material: Aogami Steel 2, Handle Material: Wood
- With Special Case! Double Bevel and Available for both Right Hander and Left Hander.
- Usage: Hunting, Camping, Outdoor Activities
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course, you need to sharpen the edge every time after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
Item no. 4582243650120
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.