"HONMAMON" Gyuto Kurouchi (Chef's Knife) Aogami Steel, 210mm～240mm
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free Forging from Tosa Japan.
- Aogami No.1 Steel is a superlative steel for professional knives.
- However, it gets rust easily, so it needs maintenance.
- Edge of Blade: Aogami Steel No.1. It contains high-Carbon. Hardness: around HRC62 +/- 1.
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander
- Made in Japan! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen! Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- Use: Meat, Fish. Vegetables, Fruits
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
From your kitchen to a chef's kitchen, this knife is used most frequently.
Inspired by the profile of a traditional European chef knife, Gyutos are a multipurpose knife with a slight meat cutting bias. “Gyuto” translates to “cow sword.” If you want one knife to do it all, this is it. For the at-home or professional cook as well.
Only cut food you can bite through with this knife. Hard foods can chip the blade. No olive pits, bones, lobster shells, woody stems or parmesan rinds. Cutting frozen food is especially bad because the cold will make hard steel even more brittle. If you wouldn’t chew it with your own teeth, don’t cut it.
After use, wash the knife by hand with regular dish soap, rinse with hot water and dry by hand immediately. Dishwashers are very bad for knives.
Aogami Steel easily gets rust and requires good maintenance.
Hammering steel to give it shape and strength. The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
<210mm> New Type Edge: Honbazuke (Very Sharp), Handle: Walnut
SIZE: Blade Length about 210mm(8.3inch), Whole Length 360mm(14.2inch), Weight about 190g(6.7oz) Height of the blade: abt 47mm (1.85").
Item no. 4573200715662
<240mm> New Type Edge: Honbazuke (Very Sharp), Handle: Walnut
SIZE: Blade Length about 240mm(9.4inch), Total length 400mm(15.7inch), Weight about 298g(10.5oz) Height of the blade: abt 53mm (2.1").
Item no. 4573200700606
Import duties; taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.