"HONMAMON" Gyuto Kurouchi (Chef's Knife) 210mm, Aogami Steel
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional style.
- Aogami No2 Steel is a superlative steel for professional knives.
- However,it gets rust easily so it needs maintenance.
- Edge of Blade : Aogami Steel No.2. It contains high-Carbon. Hardness :around HRC61 +/- 1. (It doesn't have fine edge when we ship this item. So please sharpen edge as you like.)
- Honbazuke : Very sharp!
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander
- Made in Japan! （Tosa) Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen! Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- Use : Meat, Fish.Vegetables, Fruits
- If you feel the knife are not sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
From your kitchen to a chefs kitchen, this knife is used most frequently.
Inspired by the profile of a traditional European chef knife, Gyutos are a multi purpose knife with a slight meat cutting bias. “Gyuto” translates to “cow sword.” If you want one knife to do it all, This is it. For the at-home or professional cook as well.
Only cut food you can bite through with this knife. Hard foods can chip the blade. No olive pits, bones, lobster shells, woody stems or parmesan rinds. Cutting frozen food is especially bad because the cold will make hard steel even more brittle. If you wouldn’t chew it with your own teeth, don’t cut it.
After use, wash the knife by hand with regular dish soap, rinse with hot water and dry by hand immediately. Dishwashers are very bad for knives.
What is AOGAMI Steel No.2 ?
Hitachi Co., around 1.3% carbon, shirogami base + 1.5% tungsten, 0.4% chromium, HRC 61-64.
The addition of carbides makes it stronger than white steel. It is also used for the best blades.
<210mm> New Type Edge : Honbazuke (Very Sharp), Handle : Cherry Tree
SIZE: Blade Length about 210mm(8.3inch), Whole Length 360mm(14.2inch), Weight about 190g(6.7oz)
Item no. 4573200701528