"KIYOKANE" Nakiri Kurouchi (Vegetable Knife) Aogami Super Steel, 165mm
★★★ Three HONMAMON Stars (link)
- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional forging style.
- Free forging from Tosa Japan.
- SIZE: Blade Length 165mm(6.5inch), Length 315mm(12.4inch), Thickness of spine around 3mm(0.12inch), Weight 195g(6.9oz)
- Edge of Blade: Aogami Super Steel which contains High-Carbon. Hardness: around HRC64 +/- 1, Cut Well!
- Aogami Steel is very good for cutlery tools, because it can made sharp edge.
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander, Use: Vegetables cutting
- Made in Japan! Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen!
- Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- Hard to grind. Recommendable just for those who know about sharpening knives.
- If you want to keep a knife sharp, you need use sharpening stone to maintain it.
- Aogami Steel easily gets rust and requires good maintenance.
Hammering steel to give it shape and strength.
TOSA traditional skill “Free Forging”TOSA cutlery started from 1621, over 400 years ago. Forge to finished need many steps, all steps just made from one blacksmith. Easy to control every part and keep it free style to forging, because that’s made by same craftsman. So, that’s why call this skill to “Free Forging”.
With the sound of a violent blow sparks, the way thick steel is transformed into a kitchen knife in the blink of an eye is truly craftsmanship. By hitting it many times with a hammer and stretching it, impurities come out, by making the structure “dense”, it becomes a knife with high hardness and stickiness.
You can see the marks of the hammer that was struck up with a hammer, it has the characteristic of being handmade by craftsmen and resistant to rust compared to polished finishing.
Because free forging, can be easy to innovation.
The knife is consistently performed by a single craftsman, without being bound by the framework of the process, so can continue to improve and evolve.
This knife isn’t mass production.We are focus on the knife quality than productivity. You can feel the soul of craftsman. We recommend you use that for gift.