- It is a knife blacksmith made by traditional style.
- Aogami No2 Steel is a superlative steel for professional knives.
- However,it gets rust easily so it needs maintenance.
- Edge of Blade : Aogami Steel (Blue Paper Steel) No.2. It contains high-Carbon. Hardness :around HRC61 +/- 1. (It doesn't have fine edge when we ship this item. So please sharpen edge as you like.)
- Honbazuke : Very sharp!
- Double Bevel. Available for both Right and Left Hander
- Made in Japan! （Tosa) Handmade by Tosa Craftsmen! Kurouchi : Rough Appearance, but you can feel Tosa Craftsmen Spirits!
- Use : Meat, Fish.Vegetables, Fruits
What is kurouchi knife?
Kurouchi knives retain the scaly residue left from the forging process, meaning that the residue works as coating on the carbon steel to prevent from rust.
The finish of Kurouch reduces reactivity on carbon steel knives, and give the knife a very characterful, rustic aesthetic prized by many knife enthusiasts.
Kurouchi finishes vary widely in appearance, uniformity, and durability. Rarely do pictures do these finishes justice as they have a very complex look and feel to them.
Of course you need to sharpen the edge everytime after using it even if the Kurouchi coating works for the sides of blade.
<210mm> New Type Edge : Honbazuke (Very Sharp), Handle : Cherry Tree
SIZE: Blade Length about 210mm(8.3inch), Whole Length 360mm(14.2inch), Weight about 190g(6.7oz)